Red tile roof, always home.
A HEAP OF MEANING - a playlist based on the book “Nothing” by Janne Teller.
Some months ago I read this fantastic short novel by Danish writer Janne Teller and was absolutely astonished by it. This is some serious gutsy writing, not your common teenage-lit, and it comes without saying that this book is not for everybody, reviews are either hate or love but nothing in between, so in the spirit of the book I made this playlist that reflected my personal feelings on the story of Pierre-Anthon, a seventh-grader who realizes there is no meaning to life and his classmates’ mission to prove to Pierre-Anthon that life has meaning.
- Everyday - The Raveonettes
- Dead Believer Dog - Minks
- Blood Bitch - Cocteau Twins
- Living in America - The Sounds
- Nothing is - My Bloody Valentine
- Back and Forth - UNKLE
- For your Bleeding - Le Butcherettes
- Art Star - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- Don’t Go into that barn - Tom Waits
- Dog Bite - Dead Kennedys
- Closer - Nine Inch Nails
- I’m Designer - Queens of the Stone Age
- I am Made of Chalk - Crystal Castles
- Altar of Sacrifice - Slayer
- You Don’t Know Jesus - Mogwai
- Take the Veil Cerpin Taxt - The Mars Volta
- Hunting Bears - Radiohead
Like the book, this mix might leave you with a nauseous sense of escalating discomfort, if that is the case then I have been successful.